Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 05-18-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

Covid = Rabid Cigar Consumption

I've been working from home since March due to Covid 19. I've been setting up my work space in my garage (aka workshop aka mancave) being incredibly productive with stogie in hand. Also, been enjoying a stick during the countless weekly phonecons. Then of course the evening cigar(s). Think I may have to sell a kid to keep up with my habit!
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:00 AM   #2
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdad View Post
I've been working from home since March due to Covid 19. I've been setting up my work space in my garage (aka workshop aka mancave) being incredibly productive with stogie in hand. Also, been enjoying a stick during the countless weekly phonecons. Then of course the evening cigar(s). Think I may have to sell a kid to keep up with my habit!
I never set up a desk outside, where I am staying (with my 85 year-old mother) but I did sit out there looking at my flowers and reading for hours on end. My stash is smallish, so I have been going through it, and having to buy more than I ever have before. It's a worrisome trend. However, what the hell ELSE am I going to do over there?

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:08 AM   #3
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

T, I don't have answers for you. What I do know is that it's as important to take care of the caretaker as it is to care for the infirm. In one way or the other, all of us are going to have to make the decisions you are living out now.

If cigars are your ticket to serenity, you are more than welcome to mine.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:16 AM   #4
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
T, I don't have answers for you. What I do know is that it's as important to take care of the caretaker as it is to care for the infirm. In one way or the other, all of us are going to have to make the decisions you are living out now.

If cigars are your ticket to serenity, you are more than welcome to mine.

Thank you, Jas.
I'm ok on cigars, I buy sales here and there, and I'm spending Mom's money. that's my fee. Checking out the deals every day, I know when there's a can't miss.

I am also, now, smoking bigger cigars since they keep me outside for longer

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #5
beevod
Herf God

Amazing to me how cigar in hand can make one more productive and serene.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #6
Smok'em1313

Cigar consumption has increased since I've been working from home. In the past, I only smoked in the evening. Now I find myself starting in the afternoons.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:55 AM   #7
stogie5150
CW Master Boiler
Club Member

4 of 5 a day is NOTHING when that's ALL you have to do. And want to do.

Can't drink, bad liver, cant eat, cant gain weight because thats why the bad liver. So, smoke. A LOT.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:58 PM   #8
jeepdad
Club Member

I've been buying the Esteban Carrera maduro four pack ($21) at my LCS. Going through those like it's sexy.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
xrundog
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

Yeah, I'm up to 3 a day. It seems to be a natural limit. I just buy cheaper cigars. Easy Eddie's Toros from JR's are a pretty good deal when offered at $59.95 for an ammo can of 60. Except the can is plastic...so that's weird.
xrundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:16 PM   #10
N8DCJ
Club Member

When I was still working up until Apr 3rd, I was at 2 a day , now that I am not working , its typically 5-6/day.. from noon until 10-12pm...

Dan
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote