Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Old 01-09-2002, 08:45 PM   #1
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

I smoked one of these babies tonight as I have always enjoyed them. But tonight it disappointed me. Tastes bitter and acidic on the front of my toungue, and burned hot. Maybe it is because I have been smoking only ISOM's of late, but I was surprised to to find that I rnjoyed this cigar so little.

"The Texans were my best soldiers. Not once did I see their backs in battle" Robert E. Lee

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 09:13 PM   #2
sucol
Club Member

Picked up two in a Syracuse shop recently. I had to look through a large number to find two with decent wrappers. The price - $15 a pop!!!! But I wanted to give them a try as it had been some time since I smoked one. Like gumby, I was underwhelmed. Suffice it to say there were plenty of cigars in the shop for $4 or $5 I would have been happier with.

"... smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments of life, and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you." - Sigmund Freud
Old 01-10-2002, 06:59 AM   #3
elzorro1955

I got to agree with both of you guys. They are good, but not worth the money compared with other cigars(including non-Isoms).

GO GATORS!!!
Old 01-10-2002, 07:19 AM   #4
spiridon
Herf God

I agree that the price is a bit rich for me to make it an everyday smoke, however maybe I've been lucky.....never had a bad one. That could be due to the fact that I don't get to smoke them very often(due to the price). I enjoy them as a "special" smoke.

I stay in a place called "Rooms"....there's a whole chain of them. £
Old 01-10-2002, 07:29 AM   #5
iluvcgars
Club Member

I can only smoke these on special occasions because of the price. Thankfully I haven't had a bad one yet.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:13 AM   #6
punchme
Club Member

Never had one anything but smooth as silk.

"How about a nice Habana Punch!"
Then I asked myself, WCWTWD?
Old 01-10-2002, 08:40 AM   #7
Þgdlou

The ones that I have had so far have been all enjoyable...
Þgdlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:09 AM   #8
Shubby

I really enjoy the subtlety of this smoke. Not much kick but full of complex flavors. I was initially dissappointed in the first few PAM Exc and PAN Principe I received, but I soon realized that you can't smoke these off the truck. After I gave them about 3 weeks in the humidor, it was a completely different experience.

IMHO these are excellent in the morning or afternoon and will hold their own in the evenings. I also found that having these after a spicy/garlicky/palate-coating meal will ruin the experience. I definitely do not smoke these after a strong Cuban smoke, maybe before one, but PA and Cubans don't complement e/o very well. In fact, the few occasions I've been dissappointed sounded exactly as you described: bitter, acidic and--only for the PAN Principe--hot.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:58 PM   #9
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

With all of the hoopla surrouonding these ciagrs I am a little surprised to find that others don't care for them either.

"The Texans were my best soldiers. Not once did I see their backs in battle" Robert E. Lee

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 06:46 PM   #10
zebo65
Herf Meister

The Principe in maduro is one of my favorite cigars ever. I hope it wasn't one I sent you.

Kick his ass Sea Bass.
zebo65 is offline   Reply With Quote