Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
DraKhen99

Creating Indoor Smoking Lounge

So,

I'm currently discussing with SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) about using our downstairs family room as my cigar lounge, so I can enjoy the TV and a cigar, or just plain not be outside when it's 20 or 100 degrees out.

I've decided on using a pressure rod to hold a curtain up to block most of the smoke from exiting the area (it's got a doorway-sized opening to a short hallway, which leads to the utility room, bathroom, and upstairs - we're in a split level).

There's an air return in the room, but it's covered with a standard vent which can be closed (there are other returns, so no worries about killing the furnace).

I've already decided to get 3M's Filtrete 1900 or 2200 - series air filters for whatever smoke *does* get out.

The last question is on air filtration.

I've smoked a couple of times in that room, and some, but not a lot, of smell gets throughout the house. Those times I did smoke, I used one of those stand-up fans on low or medium (but dang was it loud!), and it got some of the smoke out, but the missus still smelled it.

I've done a bunch of research, but would like to know what others are using - so far, I've found two air purifiers I like, so I'm looking for your experiences with each:

1. Sharp KC-860u
2. Rabbit Air Minus2A-780

The Sharp is $429, the Rabbit Air (RA) is around $550, both on Amazon. Filters for the Sharp around around $150, $80 for the RA ones.

Does anyone have personal experience with either?

Thanks,

-John

"He found the edge of the Cigar Cliff and just JUMPED off" - My friend, in reference to my quick escalation from non-smoker to cigar aficianado.
DraKhen99 is offline   Reply With Quote