Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 AM   #1
CSMAnderson
Herf God

PI Special Maduro

The Puros Indios Special Maduro was a 6 1/4x 55/56 sized cigar. The silver and black band showed up nicely against the maduro wrapper. This cigar was gifted too me Frankie Santos.

Prelight - The maduro wrapper is a nice medium brown with some veins but shouldn't cause any problem. The prelight draw gives the flavor of light chocolate and nuts.

ASh & Burn - The ash is firm and a silvery gray in color. It stayed on for an inch before I tapped it off. The cigar burned a little unevenly and I had to touch it up a few times.

The Experience - The cigar started off with the light chocolate flavor I mentioned above and I noticed a sweetness flavor of some sort also. I would say this is cigar is a little short of medium with a good deal of complexity of light chocolate, nuts and caramel. The Special Maduro is not overpowering and is a real smooth cigar.

Conclusion - This is a very good mild to medium, flavorful cigar. As with most PI cigars this is not an overpowering or harsh cigar. I have never sen this cigar in a B&M or on line. This makes me wonder if it's this is one of those cigars made for consumption by the inner circle of the Reyes'. You know not for sale but a favorite blend of the management. I bet you could smoke 2-3 of these in a row and not get any harshness or aftertaste. To me this cigar tasted like the Reyes anni with a maduro wrapper. Good cigar a worth having around when you want a mild to medium flavorful cigar.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote