Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #1
Herfin Bigdog
Herf Meister

The DCASC 6th Annual Hurricane Herf and Benefit Raffle - Sat

Hello Everyone,

Come join me at this event to raise funds for American Red Cross' Hurricane Relief Fund. The past four Hurricane Herf raffles have brought in close to $6000.

Time: September 13, 2008; From at 2:00 PM until ???
Contact Info: Cell: 301-318-3844 (Before 9:00 PM Please)

Bowie is just off of Route 50, between Washington, DC and Annapolis, MD. My house is about a half mile from the intersection of Rt. 50 and Rt. 197.

BRING YOUR OWN CHAIR to guarantee yourself a seat. I provide plenty of shade. The theme is Tropical. Wear your tropical attire to this event.

RAFFLE DETAILS

Tickets for the raffle will be priced the same as they have been in the past:

1 ticket for $2
3 tickets for $5
7 tickets for $10
15 tickets for $20

Sponsors for the raffle and herf kits are actively being sought, their names will be announced as soon as I receive a few more positive responses

SPONSOR UPDATE (as of September 8th)
So far I have received commitments from the following vendors to sponsor this event with donations:
Cigarmony (Creator of 'The Puck" (Puck-ifier) Humidification device)
Camacho Cigars
Cigar Caddy
Palio
Mayorga Coffee
Ray Hills (www.RayHills.com small-batch beer)
The Tobacco Barn at the Tiki Bar in Solomons, Maryland
Perdomo Cigars
General Cigars
United Tobacco (Reo, Vibe & 601) (As of Sept. 8th)

Donations Received So Far From:
Philadelphia Distilling (Blue Coat Gin....MMMmmmmm... That's some good stuff!)
Toraño Cigars
Cuban Crafters Cigars
CAO Cigars
OtterBox
Xikar
Drew Estates
Top Cuban Cigars
Reyes Family Cigars (Formerly known as Puros Indios) (As of Sept. 8th)
Alec Bradley (As of Sept. 8th)
Island Smoke Shop (As of Sept. 8th)
Bargain Humidors (As of Sept. 10th) LOTS of Accessories!!!
Unknown Donor (As of Sept. 10th) Someone sent a HUGE box of stuff with assorted cigars and accessories, and purposely left no name. THANK YOU Mysterious Donor!!!

*** If any vendors would like to participate by contributing either a donation for the raffle, or for the herf kits that each participant will receive, please email me. You will receive several gratuitous mentions for participating. Or, come and enjoy the event and try your luck in the raffle. ANY and ALL manufacturer's representatives are cordially invited to this event. ***

If you are a participant who would like to contribute something as a raffle prize that you might have acquired over the years, I would certainly welcome what you have to offer. I have contributed ceramic ashtrays, cigars and cigar hats over the years. I have a few ashtrays to donate myself this year. Other participants have donated items for past herf raffles.

FOOD

As before for previous HH’s, this is a BYOB (bring your own beverage) in terms of adult beverages. I supply mixers and I will have a few coolers on hand to store your canned and bottled beverages. Bringing your own cooler is good. I supply non-alcoholic beverages like soda (for drinking or for mixers), water, tea, lemonade, etc. I supply ice.

I ask for a reasonable fee to cover the food. The price will fall some where between $7.00 and $10.00. I only ask for enough to reimburse my expenses for the food. Last year we had hamburgers, half-smokes, and side dishes as well as munchies. Also supplied will be condiments, the paper products, and eating utensils.

ENTERTAINMENT

Think Exotic!

Links to photos taken past Hurricane Herfs:
The first Un-Official Hurricane Herf http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Her...Hurricane-Herf, HH1</a>, September 2003 Photos: (No raffle held at HH I)

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Her...Hurricane-Herf, HH II, September 2004. (The First Raffle was held at this herf.)

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m...f%20IV%202006/, HH IV, September 2006 Photos:
(The photos are in reverse order.)

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Her...g/HH5-Pictures, HH V, September 2007

##### A SPECIAL REQUEST #####

Again, my dad, Loose Goose (Bob) will more than likely do the honors and man the grill so I can attend to you guests. He has performed the grilling duties at each of the past 4 herf/raffles. I have never asked him to do it. He volunteers because he enjoys it and it frees me to play host. This year I ask you again…Instead of bringing me cigars for hosting the event, Dad would love to receive any cigars that you might want to gift him as a way of saying thanks for doing the grilling.

I encourage you to bring your own chair. I have several. But to ensure yourself a seat, I would advise bringing your own.

If you have not attended any of the previous benefit herfs, please consider attending this one. The proceeds are for a very worthy cause. There are several of our BOTL and SOTL that live in hurricane threatened areas of the southeast.

### IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEND or AT LEAST THINKING ABOUT ATTENDING ###

PLEASE let me know ASAP by emailing me at HerfinBigdogVerizonDOTnet.
I have started an attendee list to help me keep track of who is coming for the purpose of buying food.

Thanks for Your Support!

To me, a cigar is more than a good smoke; it is a way of life. I love them! And it killed George Burns at 100, so don't give me any crap about health! -- Bert Sugar, Sports Writer
Herfin Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote