Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2003, 04:32 PM   #1

Newbie Reviews a La Vieja Habana Rothschild Luxo

Ok everyone I am a newbie so don't be too critical of my first review. This is a review of the the La Vieja Habana Rothschild Luxo by Drew Estates. First here is the description from the Drew Estates website:

"This full bodied Corojo is flawlessly rolled. With Rich Deep Flavors on every Easy Pull. We named it Luxo cause we knew it was truly sensational from the word go."

According to the website this is the rebirth of the Drew Estates first cigars. This is a traditional cigar and not a herbal or botanical like the Acid or Naturals etc. Now remember this is based on my limited experience. The cigar was wonderfully rolled with few veins. It had a mild flavor that wasn't too much for my newbie sensibilities. The draw was easy and the the gar burned evenly throughout. The ash did not fall until half way thru and the taste continued it's smooth mild flavor all the way thru to the end. I don't have enough experience to say if it was leathry or woody but it did not have the sometimes peculiar flavor I have found in the acid products I have tried. The store here in Charlotte had them for 1.70 apeice so it wasn't expensive at all. At that price I think it was a wonderful smoke and a great value. Give it a try sometimes if you have a chance and in most of your cases if you want to slum it a little. I doubt if most of you more experienced smokers will enjoy it as much as I do but for me it was A OK.