Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #9
Linn
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancidgoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linn
Well good Mike, I'm glad you liked it! Blanton's is available in North Carolina - give that one a try!
Linn - In Bourbon We Trust -
I know I'm in the minority here but I actually prefer Basil Hayden's over Blantons. Of course I've tasted much more Basil Hayden's compared to one glass of Blantons so that could have something to do with it. My buddy from KY think's I'm nuts but then again what do we know?

I think the spice of Basil Hayden's is a wonderful compliment to a mild cigar.
That's OK by me, Dug! Bourbon is a journey - enjoy it. A few quick notes about Basil Hayden. He was a real person, and an early Kentucky distiller. His grandsons took over his distillery and named 'Old Grand Dad' in his honor. After passing through several hands after prohibition 'Old Grand Dad' (the brand) is now owned by Jim Beam and is produced at Beam's Kentucky distilleries. There is one at Clermont and another in Boston (yes there is a Boston, Kentucky). The recipe is Basil Hayden's original, and is very high in rye - the highest, in fact, of all bourbons. That's where the spiciness you like so much comes from. Try a bottle of Old Grand Dad 100 proof Bottled In Bond and get ready to SMACK 'YO MAMA

Linn - Isn't Bourbon Fun