Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 01-11-2020, 08:33 AM   #1051
beevod
Herf God

Dropping 80 pounds -- I feel for you -- the task is, as they say, Herculean. I was always a chubby kid and self conscious about my weight. I vowed I'd never have a paunch and, luckily, discovered running and live by Central Park. I try to watch my weight but, if the pounds creep up, I can always run/walk them off. (Now where's my Guinness Stout, pint of ice cream and a monster wedge of cherry pie?)
Old 01-11-2020, 08:35 AM   #1052
Rob G
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I'm finding it hard just to drop 20.

If people can tell me where to smoke, I can tell them where to go, too.
Rob G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:42 AM   #1053
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I'm approaching 300. Not only important, but necessary. If for no other reason. It will take a lot of pressure off of my back and other joints.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #1054
beevod
Herf God

My all time high was 265...At 6'2" my fighting weight is 215 - 220. Try to keep it around there.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:22 AM   #1055
jeepdad
Club Member

Angry

Smoking two whole chix lower grate, whole cabbage stuffed with chix broth, bacon and butter and greenbeans in hamhocks for supper. First time smoking greenbeans. And a Padron.

Last edited by jeepdad; 01-11-2020 at 11:54 AM.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:05 AM   #1056
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

It'll be homemade, no Michelin stars, not on an airplane, not a day after bad oysters whatever it is I do tonight. About time to risk the ice in the parking lot and go to the grosto.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 07:09 AM   #1057
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

I dropped about 60, it took eating way less and only eating junk food once a week, and it took running 4-5 times a week. Knees shot means no running now. Through yesterday I was doing 6+ miles a day. Good weather helped, cobblestones hurt, but only one day under 2 miles during that stretch.

And yes calories and exercise work to lose weight if you do them in the right order.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 01-14-2020, 07:57 AM   #1058
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

last night I made soup for lunches this week (mustard greens, sausage, fennel and cabbage) and for dinner I made chicken thighs tossed with olive oil, pimenton, salt and pepper then oven roasted in rice wine vinegar with braised cabbage and oven roasted taters.

Tonight will be second cooking of the oxtail/beef shank braise and frying off sausage for the pasta later in the week...

Old 01-14-2020, 02:18 PM   #1059
jeepdad
Club Member

Long day in the "War Room" death by PowerPoint. Drove through Chick-Fila. Chicken strips, fruit cup unsweet tea with Splenda.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:27 PM   #1060
Shadow
Charter Member
Herf Meister

Shrimp and scallops over rice tonight.