Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
JCole311
Club Member

Cigar Rights Association - Orlando

Last night I attended the Cigar Rights Association fundraiser.

It was a very classy event with beautiful women, cigars, food, and spirits. It was held on the 16th floor of 127 Orange Street in down town Orlando just above the Corona Cigars store. Most, if not all, of the major names in cigar manufacturing were in attendance. Cigar smokers and retailers from all around the state of Florida were in attendance. A Congress man (sorry I can not remember his name) and the aides of two others were in attendance. Those in attendance received a generous goody bag with cigars, magazines, stickers, shirts, and hats.

There were some incredibly rare cigars up for auction to raise money for the CRA. Many of the manufacturers and retailers bid, the highest sold item went for over $25,000. A total of over $100,000 was raised.

The point of the whole event / evening was this...

We have to get involved!

If we do not we will lose out on much of the cigar culture and cigars themselves that we cherish and enjoy. Cities are passing public smoking bans, states are passing clean indoor air laws that are highly restrictive, FDA may ban certain types of tobacco products (NOT JUST FLAVORED, it may include strong cigars), S-CHIP taxes, state taxes, etc.

Please join the Cigar Rights Association. I am a member, my father is a member, and I am telling all of my cigar smoking friends because cigars are the way that I relax and enjoy the day; it is a beautiful experience of taste, smell, and smoke; it is more than my hobby it is my passion.

You can join and learn more at www.cigarrights.org

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/JCole311/
JCole311 is offline   Reply With Quote