Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
flipflop
Contributing Editor
CW Butt Whisperer
Herf God

Nine Year Old Yankees Fans Finally Get Their Championship

If you love or hate the Yankees.... or if you're ambivalent like me.... you'll get a kick out of this funny as hell column.

After what must have felt like an eternity, it finally happened.

After years and years of disappointment and despair, happiness and joy finally reigned down on a forlorn franchise and its fans.

Yes, ladies and gentleman, after nearly a full
decade without a World Series championship, New York Yankees fans finally awoke from their unbearable nightmare to fulfill their dreams of World Series euphoria.

I mean, look at the picture of this little boy. He is perhaps seven or eight or nine years old. Do you realize that until last night, this depraved young soul had
never experienced a World Series championship?

His parents, his grandparents, his cousins, and any friends born in 2000 or before all had known a world in which the New York Yankees had been champions. This little boy, however, was forced to trudge through the first decade of his life in a purgatory usually reserved only for natives of Cleveland or the North Side of Chicago.

MORE
-- Ghengis Khan
flipflop is offline   Reply With Quote