Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2003, 07:31 PM   #1
red
Herf Meister

Criollo 98 by Alec Bradley

This lovely stick was a winning in grtrx's contest a couple of weeks ago. First time I've really had a chance to light up since then. Thanks again! Well, this was a toro I believe. Somewhere around 6x52. Says first generation on the band, so this may be the first issue of these? Construction was great and clipped easily with a Xikar. Actually, I believe this was the best cut I have ever had on a cigar. Very, very clean. Pre light draw was on the loose side of firm. Had a wonderfully full and tasty aroma. Lighting up, I was immediately hit with strong pepper and leather flavors. After the first inch, it settled into a very bold, peppery, and robust smoke. However, it remained extremely smooth and never harsh. Had a pretty charry woodsy flavor coming through the last two thirds. Perhaps a little more charry than I prefer, but not tothe point that I didn't like it. This is a very full and heavy bodied smoke. I usually say that I prefer these types, but this was about as heavy bodied as I would like to smoke. Still, always smooth and very satisfying to the palate. The burning aroma was very nice also. All in all, a very strong 4.6 out of 5. Thanks to grtrx for the experience. I may just have to spring for some more of these. On the power scale, I didn't notice anything fuzzy until the last couple of puffs, and then there was a slight fuzzy head. But, I had just had a rather large mexican meal about 30 minutes earlier. I would definately say this isn't for the inexperienced smoker, but a very yummy cigar!
You guys must be tonguing the hole or something...Smokerch
red is offline   Reply With Quote