Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #1
PCaponi
Herf Cop
Herf Meister

Smoke eater

Does anybody know of a decent one? Just for myself. Not a half dozen people. Too cold to smoke out side, but just had the house remolded inside and don't want to screw it up.
Old 01-02-2021, 04:54 AM   #2
stogie5150
CW Master Boiler
Club Member

I was telling Shadow (Bill) just a few months ago...my $500 rabbit air barely keeps up with one cigar in a 10x20 room. Add another person, 10 minutes you will be vacating.

I've had a smoke room for 15 years now, and I have tried all kinds of things. but nothing works like fresh air in, stale air out. I have a natural gas heater that can keep up with the cold air intrusion when I crack a window and put the box fan on in the window across the room to vent the smoke.

In the summer, in Louisiana, we sweat. A lot.
Old 01-02-2021, 11:30 AM   #3
CSMAnderson
Herf God

I have a Hunter air purifier with a HEMP Filter and it does a great job.
CSMAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:02 AM   #4
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Smoke eaters will make it better, but an exhaust fan really is the only way to do it. I have a room in my basement that was a coal room. Had an exhaust fan installed and never have problems with the wife. My buddy comes over and we can smoke our brains out and it's fine.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:28 AM   #5
mark5
Club Member

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GVV5XTT...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I'm installing this in man cave this weekend it has enough CFMs to take car of any amount of smoke.

I looked into purifiers but i just dont think you can clean cigar smoke and reviews on these things dont sound good.

So im putting my leather couch under exhaust vent and it should work well.

ENJOY THE RIDE!
mark5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2021, 03:58 AM   #6
tonycsmoke
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08GVV5XTT...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I'm installing this in man cave this weekend it has enough CFMs to take car of any amount of smoke.

I looked into purifiers but i just dont think you can clean cigar smoke and reviews on these things dont sound good.

So im putting my leather couch under exhaust vent and it should work well.
That's similar to what I have and it works 100%. The only thing that I would add is that after you put out the cigar, let it run for a few minutes. Other than that it's awesome.