Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #1
Woobi3
Starting Member

Do you think this would work?

Hey Guys

I'm looking to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

I have an Icebox That I got from my Mother in law. The wife wants it redone(stripped and repainted) for a corner piece in the Dining room. She only wants the outside so to speak, which gives me the inside to store cigars , if possible .

Now it needs work, I do have to strip the paint then repaint it, and two of the legs need to have the wood replaced. But do you guys think this would work?

There is a drain tube from the top section out the bottom, you can see it in the back of the open cooler. I assume this will need to be plugged, the doors may need some type of seal placed around the edges. I've seen posts about converting iceboxes but most seem to be the older wooden ones but this one is basically sheet metal over a wooden frame. With the repainting that should seal up most of the inside. The doors and the drainage tubes would be the major source of leakage, which may not be a bad thing since you do want a bit of breathing room.

Here's the links for the pics (about 150k each)
http://home.cogeco.ca/~kdoubleday/Icebox%20open.jpg
http://home.cogeco.ca/~kdoubleday/Icebox%20closed.jpg

It won't break my heart if it won't work, There's always the Igloo route . I'll be sure once it's done I'll have to try to get it to hold a decent humidoty level and go from there.
Woobi3 is offline   Reply With Quote