Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
scott1966
Herf Meister

Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Antano El Martillo

Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo Antano El Martillo 5.5 X 54. Wrapper -Nicaraguan Corojo (Jalapa region), Binder - Nicaragua, Filler - Nicaragua. Full bodied.

Initial lighting taste was woody with some leather. Into the first third of this cigar, spice picks up right away with leather, wood and notes of cinnamon. Towards the end of the first third, a sweetness begins to emerge as well.

At the halfway point, the sweetness really picks up - a syrupy sweetness that coats the palate along with a strong flavor of spicey leather and cedar and the notes of cinnamon as well.

Final third of the cigar reveals the same flavors as the halfway point with the sweet spicey leather dominating the profile. The cinnamon picks up to become a constant flavor. I did not taste the cedar anymore at this point. Long tasty finish of syrupy sweet leather filling the palate.

Construction was good but the wrapper was very delicate. Burn and Draw were perfect - razor sharp burn with a light gray ash. A strong full-bodied complex cigar that had nice balance as well. I enjoyed this cigar very much. MSRP on this vitola is $7.75 which I believe this cigar is worthy of, and I recommend it for an experienced smoker who enjoys a full bodied, full flavored cigar
scott1966 is offline   Reply With Quote