Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2006, 09:15 PM   #1
moogjuke

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero DL-600

I have smoked five of these cigars in the past month. They have been in my coolerdor, which has finally settled at 65-68 with beads

Paid $123 from local B+M (paid too much)

Construction: Extremely smooth exterior, heavy for their size. some with moderately tight heads, all with good packing the full length, all cut perfectly and

Burn: Ever so slight problems on most. Really, very slight.

Pre Light- A heady, almost tannic scent to the binder and filler. slight spicy taste of wrapper.

First Half- Easy to get lit. Immediate deep spiciness and choco-earth flavors with that tannic "ba-donk-a-donk" I like. Plenty of Vitamin N from the get go. Got some very floral tastes and scents from the first half.

Second half- less floral, less complex, but more spicy. Started to get a "young" whiff of ammonia here and there. Burn was extremely cool to the nub. Spiciness did not crescendo, but styed powerful and delicious.

Conclusion: A fabulous strong cigar that makes you feel great, relaxed and at ease. Mostly fun spice and heady complexities in first half, dumbing down to musty, tannic earth in the second half. A lot going on for $6, IMHO.

1-5 rating--- 4 ------

I like the bigger ring gauge in these and would LOVE a 7 x 66.

Flavor was not unlike good, strong black Irish Twist tobacco from Samuel Gawith. Probably the same strength, gram-for-gram.
moogjuke is offline   Reply With Quote