Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #1
osxfreak

Funky RH

Hope someone can help me on this one.. I just purchased a new HUMI and had an analog Hygrometer in it I salt tested it and it showed 3 % low, so I didn't bother adjusting it. After getting it in my box, it was bouncing all over the place and finally seemed to settle in at 70%. I have 2 tubes of Vipers 65% beads and figured it would be lower. So not trusting the Analog one I ran out Friday and purchased a Digital Hygrometer. After 12 hours of Salt testing it it showed 74% so I took taht as a good mark, I let it drop down at normal room enviroment, and then placed it on the top shelf of my humi. After a couple hours, I noticed it was sitting at 57% So of course I felt good taht I was right about the analgo and my stogies being firm was an issue, so after recharging my beads I let it sit for another day and took note that it was just sitting at 60%, so I decided to take the hygrometer to the bottom of the box, after doing this it was reading 63-64% so I figured that's right about 65% with mine being off 1%. But on the top shelf it is lower. So I decided to throw 1 credo back in the box with PH/Dist solution. Well that raised it nill so I added another on top shelf and still not raising it much at all it's sitting at 62 right now. So on the top I have 1 tube of beads and 2 credo's and on bottom I have one tue of beads. Any ideas as to getting that top section to be closer to 65%...
http://www.tampahumidor.com/sitedire...808C1E6D989D83

That is a link to my HUMI, might help the solution.

Chip