Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2016, 06:10 AM   #1
jeepdad
Club Member

What's Perdomo Doing?

So was talking to my LCS a few weeks back and he was telling me about Perdomo's new marketing approach. I have since heard it in other cigar shops as I travel around. The approach goes likes this. Anything new from Perdomo the local cigar shop must buy all sizes two boxes deep. And was told Perdomo is now saying they are reblending old blends which becomes new blends which means the LCS must now buy all sizes 2 boxes deep.

My LCS is not a slouch either. It has a very large humidor and does great business. They do a fair amount of Perdomo sales. Not off the chart but have done ok and been a steady client for years.

Is Perdomo outgrowing the local shops and doing great online or at their larger retailers? I don't smoke Perdomo alot. I like their Habano series and grab one every now and then.

For my local shop they are doing a Perdomo "special" currently. Buy three get one free. And when the sticks are gone, as the manager says "can you say bye bye Perdermo". And the other shops I've spoken with are phasing them out as well.

Sad, I like Nick. I've met him several times at events and seems like a decent guy. Seems like a vendor would still want steady income rather than no income.

Anyone else run into this new approach at their shop?

--Dan

Last edited by jeepdad; 05-12-2016 at 06:17 AM.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote