Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2002, 01:09 PM   #1
RiveRat

This is my first review, so we'll see how it goes...

Alright, first impressions. I unfortunatly had this cigar sitting around for a bit before I smoked it, so it may have been a little dry. (I haven't bought a humidor yet) After taking the cigar out of the celo and sticking it in my mouth, a bit of the cap came off. It was not much, but I didn't expect this from a Padron.
The wrapper was a little veiny, but the construction seemed pretty good. The maduro wrapper was of medium light chocolate darkness.
After cutting the 'gar, the draw was a little firm, but not too bad. Prelight taste was a bit earthy, but not very strong.
After toasting the foot, and lighting this behemoth, the light earthiness persisted. At this point I was a little worried that I might have gotton a bad 'gar, but the character of the stogie changed completly after the first couple draws.
When the flavor hit I got a strong coco,
nutty, earthy flavor; mmmmmmm....
After the first inch, the cigar gained a sweet somewhat chocolatly undertone, and the smoke seemed to be a bit fuller in the mouth. The sweetness occured from one puff to the next. One second the earthiness was there, and thirty seconds later the earthyiness was replaced by the above mentioned sweetness.
With about four and a half inches to go, the cigar started to develop a strong spicy kick. The chocolate taste got stronger, but turned into a more dark chocolate rather than milk chocolate flavor. The cigar continued to gain stength until it was put down at about an inch and a half left.
The one possible error in this tasting, was the fact that the drink that went along with this stogie was a dark porter, which conflicted a bit with the taste of the 'gar.
Now I can do an ISOM review if anyone wants to send me one
My adress is in my profile, for anyone so inclined
***note mooch atempt #1***

Edited by - RiveRat on 07/20/2002 2:53:56 PM