Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2002, 08:19 PM   #1
Rayment

Well, I'm home alone for several weeks.

So, I figured what the heck, I have two of the Csonka Air Cleaners in the house, I'll plug em in and enjoy a fine cigar in my house.

Nice colorado claro wrapper with very thin veins can be traced running through the wrapper, clipped with my Swiss Army Knife clipper, and voila a nice draw, with just a little tug as if not wanting to yield the gifts which I shall soon be savoring.

A quick touch of my torch lighter and I am immediately tasting the wonders of Habana again. Rich velvety smoke fills my mouth as I draw slowly and in no time I am enjoying a slight hint of spice, a touch of sweetness, and a gentle aroma fills my study. I get up to turn off the ceiling fan which I had slowly stiring the air so I can enjoy the aroma even more.

The mottled grey solid ash grows to an inch and I gently loose the ash so I do not accidently drop it on my carpet or the puppies at my feet.

I try to let a minute go by inbetween draws on this beauty, but am lurred back desiring more of this wonderful taste sensation.
I exhale through my nose and my senses are sharpened as I experience a slight tinge of the strength.

I draw in deeply, closing my eyes and leaning back in my full back leather chair and roll the smoke around my tongue and chew on it slightly forcing it to yield more of its flavor to my senses.

I am now into the middle third and a richness begins to come through the flavor, I can still taste a touch of sweetness in between puffs.

I note that the burn is impeccible a nice even burn so far.

And now the puppies are whining and want me to take them out. The rain has passed outside, so with a few last rich full-flavored tugs as I hit the midway point and I must depart for the moment and take the puppies for a quick walk.

Back inside, Now into the final third of this great smoke.

Outside with the dark green background I noticed much more smoke than I was noticing inside with the light background of the screen and white bookcase in my study.

Also, as the puppies dragged me down the street, I noticed a slight buzz in my head, an indication of the strength of this smoke which I had not observed while sitting down at my computer.

The ash appears to be darker now, I have carefully laid all the ashes down in my Cohiba ashtray and the ash now is noticibly darker.

Also I notice after taking a sip of the still icey cold Coors Beer I had sitting untouched during the entire smoking of this cigar until just now that the flavor is stronger than earlier, richer, fuller.

Now down to the last 2 inches, I am suprised that this has smoked so quickly. It is still as even as could be. I have to blink my eyes as the smoke curls up and burns my eyes. I lay the stub down for a moment to clear my eyes, my head, and sip my Ice Cold Beer again.

The strength is really kicking now and my palate and senses are being overwhelmed.

I start taking little puffs so as to not burn my tongue.

Yes this cigar is definitely showing me its true character, a full-bodied cigar, as I struggle to keep focused from the buzz growing in my head.

I retrieve the stub as I have set it down to type, and take a tug and note that it has cooled down and the rich strong flavors come through again.

Well, down into the last inch-and-a-half and I must say farewell to this smoke and lay it aside as I cannot take anymore of this buzz, and it is a struggle to keep lit without taking a huge puff and burning my tongue.