Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Herf's Up!!

Herf's Up!! A room dedicated to the announcement and discussion of herfs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #2
Cigar_Jack
Club Member

Cigar Night – May 10, 2005

Once again, Chris and Dave from The Party Source put on a great event. Cigar Night took place at the Beer Sellar as we all eagerly wait for The Party Source to finish construction on their patio. The crowd has been steadily growing week after week and even after the last boat left for the Reds’ game, the place was still packed.

The night’s featured cigars were by Drew Estate, well known for their flavored line of ACID Cigars. The line up included an ACID Gold Earthiness, an Ambrosia Spice, and a Natural Root. The Earthiness and Spice both tend to start out strong on the infused flavors and turn into a nice medium to full bodied cigars half way through as the flavors mellow. The Natural Root still has a bit of sweetness to it, but is big on tobacco flavor. Chris Carver commented that this cigar was the Snickers bar for the cigar smoker and I will have to agree with him.

I am not a fan of the Ambrosia or ACID cigars so I am not going to comment on them. They are quality cigars, but just not my cup of tea. The Natural Root will easily become one of my favorite cigars. The slightly sweetened wrapper does not mask the complex flavors of the tobacco. While smoking this cigar I picked up hints of chocolate, nuts and coffee that left me wanting more. The draw was nice and the smoke plentiful and pleasant smelling. I tried to get a few people to give up their Root only to be laughed or get a dirty look.

The Cigar Night on May 17, 2005 will once again be at the Beer Sellar starting at 5:30 pm. General Cigar will provide the featured cigars and a rep should be available for me to annoy.
Cigar_Jack is offline   Reply With Quote