Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Mr. Creosote's Diner

Mr. Creosote's Diner Fried, boiled, smoked, seared or sautéed, this is the place we discuss our favorite foods and their preparation. Grab a knife and fork and dig in!

Old 04-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #1
gumby
Contributing Editor
MOM November 2012 Emeritus
Honorary MOM November 2021
Herf God

Ok You Gourmets

We make an annual trip to a lake with four couples who are all foodies.
I don't know where I came up with this but I was thinking grilled pork chops stuffed with portablela risotta, plated with carrots cooked in butter, with sherry and broen sugar added at the last couple of munutes.
Thoughts/suggestions?

Thomas Jefferson
gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 AM   #2
jeepdad
Club Member

Sounds good try brining the pork chops.
jeepdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
vernonator
Herf Meister

Stuffed chops can be a chore on a grill. Think more bake, less grill. Put some good sear marks/color on them then turn the grill way down and go low/slow to finish.

Definitely brine them, chops that thick that cook for any amount of time are going to need it.
vernonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #4
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

stuffing seems like an unnecessary chore. If the stuffing is good on its own then don't use it as a stuffing or something like that. Maybe a simple dry rub on the chops?

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

I tend to agree with the above. Stuffed anything on the grill can be tedious. Risotto is better on the side. It's too thin for a stuffing. If you want to add more flavor to it, grill off the shrooms before you make it. Get one of those silicone grill mats. They're more useful than you would think. I would brine the chops before grilling and glaze them with a cranberry citrus mixture of canned cranberry sauce, lemon juice and zest. I would also suggest grilled asparagus. Wrap a couple three sprigs with a piece of thick cut bacon. Drizzle them with a little vinaigrette before serving so the bacon stays crispy. A simple dessert of macerated berries over a piece of angel food cake or a fresh buttermilk biscuits would bring it all together. Sweet, tart, and savory all in the same meal.

Just my $0.02.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #6
Dan.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
I tend to agree with the above. Stuffed anything on the grill can be tedious. Risotto is better on the side. It's too thin for a stuffing. If you want to add more flavor to it, grill off the shrooms before you make it. Get one of those silicone grill mats. They're more useful than you would think. I would brine the chops before grilling and glaze them with a cranberry citrus mixture of canned cranberry sauce, lemon juice and zest. I would also suggest grilled asparagus. Wrap a couple three sprigs with a piece of thick cut bacon. Drizzle them with a little vinaigrette before serving so the bacon stays crispy. A simple dessert of macerated berries over a piece of angel food cake or a fresh buttermilk biscuits would bring it all together. Sweet, tart, and savory all in the same meal.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with the BigO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan.05 is offline   Reply With Quote