Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2002, 09:41 AM   #1
Shubby

I really enjoyed this cigar last night (thank you Brentmeister!). For some reason, gifted smokes always seem to taste much better I don't seem to hear much about this line of gems, but I'm glad I got to try a decently aged one. I had one of these on a trip to Bermuda over a year ago and it was disappointing. Since then I've avoided looking into these smokes, but last night was a wake up call for me.

Construction: Good looking vitola given the shape, wrapper was veiny, not extremely symmetrical, colorado

Smoke: Excellent draw with a perfect amount of smoke that fits beautifully in your mouth (thank the Cuban gods for thin ring gauges). The cigar was smooth, with a med strength and full of flavor (I picked up light coffee and spices). The flavors didn't change much throughout the smoke, but it's such a short experience that you can't really expect it to do so (30 minutes tops). It really started to pick up when it hit the "B-spot" (bulbous) making it really tough to put down. The finish lasted quite long with enough lip-licking twang. I had it with a glass of water (IMHO, the only way to taste the cigars true flavors).

Overall: Move aside Hemingway for the new short story in town. This was a true work of art and ought to be a best seller. Although the construction is certainly not as perfect as a Hemingway, it's definitely a winner.

Edited by - Shubby on 01/11/2002 10:45:07 AM