Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
HuskerHerfer

MP3 Player Hell

No matter how careful you are about tagging your music collection when you put it on your computer, it's still woefully inadequate when you go to load it into an MP3 player. Then you realize how you should have put the artist's last name first, how you should have been more specific on the genre, how you should have omitted the word "The" from album names and band names, and so forth. Nothing like the struggle of trying to keep many gigs of music straight with a few lines of ID3 tag to let you see the error of your lazy ways! I've been 2 weeks now and only have 15 of a 30 gig capacity loaded into the thing.

I have found a few decent tag editors that have made things slightly easier. ID3-TagIt is a decent free tool that makes tagging a bit easier. It will query FreeDB to bring in tag information, and that's a great timesaver when it works, which is 80% of the time on actual albums. It won't work, of course, on home-made mixes or collections.

I've also learned to make playlists of every album I load - this makes things much easier also.

Anyone else have input, tricks, or programs that make working with your portable audio device easier?
HuskerHerfer is offline   Reply With Quote