Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
b0rderman
Club Member

bumping near the cherry

Can anyone explain the little tiny tiny dots all scattered about the wrapper when it heats up and nears the lit foot? They are very small and very numerous but aren't there until the wrapper comes close to burning right at the end of the cigar?
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

tooth. Search for it in other posts, we've discussed it recently really thoroughly.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
b0rderman
Club Member

F#CK

I hate being a newb and getting owned by the "search for it" post...and on top of that the "discussed recently" bomb...F%CK

but i guess at least since i didn't know what it was called, searching "bumping near the cherry" wouldnt get me far...and dont say i could have searched freckles, dots, pricks..because those wouldnt get me far either considering the traffic this BB gets.

so im just gonna assume the position

to my credit, at least im not gonna ask for a link to that thread, and at least my first post on these boards wasn't should i leave the cello on...this wasn't in the sticky's...or at least,now, i pray it isnt, so mabey i had something here...but no...no i didn't....guess you can just all me "Old News Stefan"

very un-catchy but very true

at least i can still legally bang a 17 yo in NY because of a statch law loophole.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #4
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rderman
F#CK

I hate being a newb and getting owned by the "search for it" post...and on top of that the "discussed recently" bomb...F%CK

but i guess at least since i didn't know what it was called, searching "bumping near the cherry" wouldnt get me far...and dont say i could have searched freckles, dots, pricks..because those wouldnt get me far either considering the traffic this BB gets.

so im just gonna assume the position

to my credit, at least im not gonna ask for a link to that thread, and at least my first post on these boards wasn't should i leave the cello on...this wasn't in the sticky's...or at least,now, i pray it isnt, so mabey i had something here...but no...no i didn't....guess you can just all me "Old News Stefan"

very un-catchy but very true

at least i can still legally bang a 17 yo in NY because of a statch law loophole.
I'm not sure what you're worried about, there are no stupid questions, and how else are you going to figure it out? Ideas here are brought up over and over by people who have not read what has been posted before. This has been up dozens of time, I am sure.

If you don't know what it is, how could you search? However, with the word tooth, you should get plenty of info to check out. I know that there was a pretty big one here recently that I contributed to some, and it had good info.

So, search, ask, read, do whatever you need to do to enjoy your new hobby, we will be here to help. You can learn so much here from the real experts, like Saka, Jazznut, and others who are obsessed with knowing everything that they can. Dealers like Lew, Mdman, Mfg reps, and other industry people post here.

If I sounded rude or terse, I apologize. I saw it, and rather than go to extended explanations, I just suggested that you search for that recent thread that pretty well explained it. It was all there to access now, rather than wait a week or so for detailed answers.

I was in a hurry and my manners slipped. Forgiv4e.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:43 PM   #5
b0rderman
Club Member

from "said" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker06
Tooth is a physical characteristic of the wrapper leaf. Cameroon wrapper is generally considered to by the toothiest. Connecticut broadleaf maduro can also be toothy (as well as others). It appears as little tiny bumps on the wrapper, sorta like 400 grit sandpaper. The bumps are little pores with leaf oils in them. So I suppose, the more tooth,the more oil, the more flavor. IMO, wrapper with more tooth is more likely to develop plume as it ages. Regardless, tooth is pretty much universally considered to be a good thing.

Oh and also b0rderman is the coolest cat this side of the atlantic ocean, brocean! Mad cool yo!
there...
now its not one of those pointless useless "just search it" threads that ALL of us newbs f-cking hate.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:52 PM   #6
b0rderman
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briandg
You can learn so much here from the real experts, like Saka, Jazznut, and others who are obsessed with knowing everything that they can. Dealers like Lew, Mdman, Mfg reps, and other industry people post here.

I was in a hurry and my manners slipped. Forgiv4e.

Hey man no prob. I wasn't at all offended and knew you meant nothing by it...and you snuck in this post while i was writing my previous one with the quote from smoker.....which examplifies exactly what you said that i've quoted here...which is also exactly why I'm so goddam addicted and appreciative this place...so many heaveyweights and so much generousity of all types.

PS: My sleep cycle is F*ucked(woops) up from last nights fesitivities and theres nothing else to do right now...so thats why I'm beating a dead horse with this thread here...cant get enough of the "relevant placement of the smiley"
Old 01-01-2006, 11:57 PM   #7
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

Sleep cycle? What the hell is that? Some new sort of motor scooter with a camper on it? It sure can't mean anything like a steady pattern of sleeping that normal people sometimes have, could it?
Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #8
b0rderman
Club Member

no i'm actually talking about peels leyce....just all mixed up and written weird using a technique i recently learned in the off topic forum here.....do a search
Old 01-02-2006, 02:46 AM   #9
KatDad
Herf God

To finish your topic, as the heat from the cherry gets nearer, the oils expand causing the tooth to enlarge slightly or even to appear on a previously smooth wrapper.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #10
Eagle
Club Member

I would recommend a Dentist! They know a hell of a lot more about teeth then cigar smokers.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote