Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > Smokin Tunes

Smokin Tunes A place for musicians and music lovers (that also smoke cigars!) to discuss their passion.

Poll: Van halen: better with david lee roth, or with sammy hagar?
Poll Options
Van halen: better with david lee roth, or with sammy hagar?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #13
cigarfan
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohdvm View Post
I liked both DLR and Hagar fronting the band. They were different bands for sure. Intresting note, Van Halen did not have a number 1 charting song with DLR. But DLR solo and Van Halen with Hagar both had #1's.

DLR is a cartoon of himself now. Hagar is still out there working and doing well.
I've been listening to more and more of Van Halen lately. For one thing I can buy remastered CDs, for $6-$7 bucks..for most of their titles.

And I got Hagars greatest hits. I like it. Not VH, but I like it better than I thought.

I think DLR was a better VH front man for their heavier stuff, and Hagar for their more..pop/metal sound. Although the keyboards started coming with with DLR (Jump).