Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
Mad Dawg
Administrator
Herf Dog
Herf God

I guess I'm not a trendsetter

Email from Smoke Inn:

Quote:

E.P. Carrillo Inch

Ernesto Carrillo has been on a tear with each and every release since EPC Cigars launched back in 2010. For 2012, it's no different than it's been for the past 2 years. The INCH by EPC is the cigar that the market seems to be clamoring for, a large ring gauge cigar. With the smallest ring gauge being a 60, these cigars are sure to please any smoker that's been looking for larger cigars. The INCH is made up of a blend of Dominican Piloto Cubano, Criollo, and Corojo tobaccos, alongside some Nicaraguan filler tobaccos, with a Nicaraguan binder and your choice of a Connecticut Broadleaf maduro wrapper or a natural Equador Sumatra wrapper.
I know this has been done to death, but this one just kicked me in the teeth.

I know that manufacturers either respond to market drivers or they die. I have to colnclude from the unrelenting trend towards jawbreakers that jawbreakers is what people want these days. I get that.

What I don't get is who those people are. The folks here on CW who profess a fondness for these cigars form a distinct minority. From those factoids, the logical conclusion would be that either a whole bunch of us are lying, or that we don't accurately represent the cigar smoking demographic today.

I just don't know what to make of all this, but my dislike of gargantuan ring gauges is not diminished in the least.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That which does not kill me....has made a grave tactical error.
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote