Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Flagship or Established Brands

I guess part of any pursuit among those who really enjoy it, is to talk about new things. That's part and parcel, after all, of what breathes life into that pursuit or hobby. Many here, rail a bit, about all the new stuff constantly emerging, and it will increase here in the next two or three months as the IPCPR Trade Show nears, and so many manufacturers will be presenting new offerings.

Like any other field of business, either evolve or die, no? And it breathes interest, as well, whether people like it or not. HOWEVER, getting lost in all of this are flagship brands, or flagship lines of established brands. Breech got me thinking of this with a post on the "What Are You Smoking Today" thread. He mentioned La Aurora, and that he had a La Aurora thrown into his order, and that it was good.

Now, that La Aurora has been around a long time, and is a good cigar with a Cameroon wrapper. But how often do we talk about them? Not much, I'd wager, the same thing for many others. So, let's talk about them.

I posted on the "Why Jawbreakers?" thread that I had cause to try a newly offered size 6"x60 in both the original Macanudo line and Macanudo Maduro. I mentioned that such a large ring gauge REALLY hurt both cigars, as it provided space for more filler leaf, and a harsh, ashy taste is the result.

I also posted in CW First Look, last week, that La Flor Dominicana is renaming their original La Flor line, into La Flor Dominicana Light, as a counter measure to their more recently earned reputation for power cigars due to their Ligero and Double Ligero lines.

So, what about you guys? Who still smokes regular lines? Let's give some love to our roots.
I'm guilty a bit, myself, but I always liked those La Aurora cigars.
Or the A. Fuente Flor Fina (Green stripe on the band) 8-5-8
Henry Clay Brevas
Bauza (thanks for those Red)

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

Last edited by TommyBB; 05-21-2012 at 07:06 AM.
TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote