Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
JCole311
Club Member

Dunhill Signed Range Torpedo

Dunhill Disaster

6 by 50
wrapper: cuban seed Nicaraguan
binder: Cameroon
filler: Dominican (and Nicaraguan I believe)
cost: $13.40 (not including tax)

The cigar is beautiful, it had a milk chocolate colored wrapper that was silky smooth and had minimal veins. The binder was more of a burnt sienna, and the filler was a leather color with a large dark brown spot in the middle, perhaps it was some Piloto Cubano. The cigar felt substantial and well made. I smoked the cigar giving it all my attention in a near perfect environment; air conditioned cigar store no distractions. The cigar began with a smoky and slightly dirty taste. The flavor increases and the strength intensifies. It had many of the Habano type flavors: hay, earth, twang, spice, etc.

Then just as the cigar gets very good, disaster! The cigar starts going out. I relight. The cigar starts to burn crooked, it gets too hot to hold in my hand (and I am not as sensitive to that as some). The topper, it became hard to draw. There was 2.5 inches left. I struggled for another half an inch and than threw it in an ashtray disgusted, feeling like I just left $3 in the ashtray.

If I am spending more than $12 on a cigar I want near flawless performance, taste is subjective, but construction is key. I was so disappointed because there were a bunch of people that were skeptical of this cigar and I wanted to tell them that they were wrong. If you try a Dunhill try a different size, I think that if I smoke another one I will try the toro.

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/JCole311/
JCole311 is offline   Reply With Quote