Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

What's everyone smoking? (Gulf Coast Herf Edition)

Good morning, you lot.
If you've looked in the Herfs Up room, at all, you've seen three or four threads about the Gulf Coast Herf. We haven't had this event in the last two or three years for any number of reasons.

But my ol' friend Spiridon got very active on the forums again a few months ago, and he misses everybody, and we all miss him. So, he took the initiative with Stogie5150 and they decided to do this thing. Long story short, we got us a few CW legends together, a few local guys, and we had a good time last night with Keith's fried catfish, and Jon's blackened redfish.

But, cigars....!
My two last night:
Island Smoke Shop's Coral Reef Shark Jon has been talking a LOT about these, and they're a CW Special for sure. They're just strong enough, not as powerful as their El Original, but still good and flavorful. Why are these a CW Special? They're as good as they are, and only $39.95 for a bundle of 20.

The second, and forgive me, the name just escaped me, Jon brought a boutique blend from a local shop? Is that how I heard it? It was pretty good, too, but it was a Churchill, it was late, and I didn't get to finish. I nubbed the Shark.

I spied a bundle from Reyes Family Cigars, too; beautiful belicosos too. One on my agenda for today, for certain.

Last night's crew included our hosts, Spiridon, JMCQ, PoohDVM, mrdiver and Abby, a friend of our host and his wife. Catdeddy seems to already be here this morning, and Maccabee should be around this afternoon, as well as Beau and Troy possibly.

Looks like Keith has the pots and burners ready to berl crawfish, this afternoon!

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
H311oLHD
Herf Meister

Awesome!!! Glad to see a herf again!!
Rest In Peace Cubano.
Charter Member, MCLC
“Making others green with envy”™
H311oLHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
mrdiver
Herf Meister

I feel that there will be more.....
mrdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #4
spiridon
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdiver View Post

Let's see.....what did I smoke yesterday......still kinda hazy.

BCJ (thank You Mad Dawg)
JDN Antano Gran Reserve (Thank You Poohdvm)
Herera Esteli Corona
Cain Daytona short corona (Thank You Catdeddy)
Diesel short corona (Thank You mrdiver)

All of these tasted great! The day was filled with great cigars and even greater friends!!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Quote:
+1
THIS
CONCUR
HARRUMPH.

It was a hot, yet lovely day filled with laughter, joy, camaraderie, friendship, and some mighty fine shrimp and crawfish. Thanks to Keith, Jamie, Marc for the wonderful seafood. And to Jon for grilling up real, by-God, Conecuh, AlaBam' smoke sausage.

To reprise Friday night, the cigar I forgot is called a GTO, I thought I heard talk about it being Honduran, but it's rolled for the DeCuba shop, over on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. It's a good smoke.

For Saturday I enjoyed everything I smoked, which started with the last La Luna in my possession, and African Fuerte toro. To the others who got a La Luna from me, I apologize for the condition of the feet on those, especially the Cameroons. They've been long buried in a cooler in my closet, that doesn't get much attention.

No better time for it, than with friends.

My second was a wonderful, new cigar, brought by Bill (Shadow) thanks buddy, it was really good. I'd never heard of this one, shows how far out of the loop, I am.

Ramon Bueso Genesis Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro wrapper
Binder
Jamastran
Filler
Condega Viso
Esteli Viso
La Entrada Viso
Talanga Ligero
Body
Medium-Full .

After this, a Diesel Hair of the Dog, and something else, I believe I had four by the time we left at 10:00 p.m.

Keith and Mary, thank you for opening your home to us, and sharing with us your friendship and food!

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
KatDad
Herf God

Quote:
I certainly hope so. I had hoped to make this one but, alas, that was not to be.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote