Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
duckman
Starting Member

A hello from Las Vegas!

Hello all!

I figured after being here ten days, and having learned a great deal, I should give a big newbie hello. I learned about CW from a guy on a coffee/espresso site I frequent, and have been reading everyday since.

My first real cigar, not counting the Swisher I had a couple years ago , was a Cusano P1 Robusto. It seemed to have a bit of a bite, but I'm not sure if it was how it should be as the place I purchased it from was a Wine/Deli/Coffee/Cigar store . Fortunately I found a cigar shop right down the street from work that carries a couple recommended milds on this board, the Helix and CAO Gold. The guy that owns the place was very helpful and was great at answering the questions I had. Even though it is a cheapy, he was nice enough to throw in a cutter with my purchase.

I smoked the Helix a couple of days ago and it was much milder and didn't seem to have the bite that I didn't like with the P1. It did seem to get a bit nasty when I was getting close to the band, but from what I have been reading it seems to be normal. It was my favorite, until I lit up the CAO.

The CAO Gold is so far the best I have tried but I know I have only had three cigars, and there are many more! I was a bit turned off by the bite it had when it was first lit. It was the bite that the P1 had that I didn't like, and just before I was going to put it out and try one of the other ones I picked up yesterday, it started to smooth out. I was thinking to myself, "This is damn good now!". After looking over the description about it on JR I remembered previously reading about that first bite. I know it doesn't seem important but it was great to have my experience match what was said about it.

I also picked up a CAO Moontrance, a La Vieja Habana, and a Punch Rare Corojo. I know a lot aren't into the flavors at all, but I read that the Moontrace has a great aroma while smoked so I picked it up to smoke around the wife. Maybe I'll be able to build her up. She smokes cloves on occasion, so I don't know why not!

Thank you to everyone for posting on previous threads so I was able to learn so much in these first ten days. I have so much more to learn, but it seems like it will be an enjoyable enjoyable experience here on CW.

I think I shall end this novel of a post and try another cigar while I continue to read CW, listen to the crickets chip, and unfortunately listen to some lady down the street laugh crazily. Oh well, at least I have some cigars to try out.

- Donald
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote