Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2004, 06:09 AM   #1
spiny norman
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

1st ANNUAL PEEP JOUSTING TOURNAMENT. WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Yes, that’s right guys and gals! The world's most exciting sport has come to Cigar Weekly!
Peep Jousting, the sport of noblemen with all of it's pomp and all of it's thrills is here and ready for you to join in the excitement!

What is Peep jousting you may ask? Well I'll tell you my inquisitive friend. Peep Jousting is a contest of strength and skill wherein two worthy sugar coated marshmallows are pitted against one another in a fight to the death armed only with a meager toothpick! (For this tournament we will be using Forster brand squares with round points.)
Click on the following URL to see an actual peep jousting tournament.

WARNING!
Peep Jousting can be harrowing to watch and not for children or the faint of heart to witness.

http://www.punkasspunk.com/peeps/joust/

(This one was something of an amateur event as evidence by the use of "end peeps", giving them something of an advantage)

Now, about our tournament.

It will be open to the first 16 members who express an interest on this thread. You must have 100 post and at least 5 positive trader comments to play.
Single round elimination play. If your Peep gets poked, you’re out.
There will be but one supreme Peep at the end of the contest. The owner of that Peep will receive from each of the other players 2 cigars with a minimal value of 5 bucks each. A total of 30 cigars! Plus a little something from me.
Peeps will be numbered then assigned to owners at random.
Assuming I get enough players, round 1 matchups will be posted on this thread by Thursday the 8th. Round 1 will then be played on Saturday the 10th, with the following rounds spaced throughout the week. (The goal here is to give the players time to get down side bets.) Each rounds results will be posted here.
All judges’ decisions will be final.
(I will not be sponsoring a peep in the contest to keep it on the up & up.)
Pictures will be posted in the gallery to follow along.

If someone doesn't make good on their entry fee, the winner will PM me and I will work to resolve it or make it good myself.
(Tournament sponsors will not be responsable for any side bets.)

So, sign up today and be on the cutting edge of this thrilling new sport!

If anyone shoud have any questions, feel free to PM me.[/b]