Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
Briandg
CW Squirrel Wrangler
Herf God

News from JR Cigars.

Two developments recently that should interest most of the people here.

First, a new smartphone app, called "beat the dealer." Don't ask me to explain how it works, it's best if you just watch this simple 2:19 minute video, and maybe you can explain it to me. It runs on android or Iphone, but don't expect it to run on the android kindle. There goes a half hour of my life that I'll never get back! Probably not going to be as popular as the other deals out there, but it's worth investigating.

The second thing is bound to spark a lot of controversy. they are starting a new program similar to amazon prime. The program offers free shipping with no minimum order. there will be exclusive specials for the members, and there will be exclusive early access to their newest items.

https://www.jrcigars.com/plus?utm_so...QA4M4H8F79L9KK

Like amazon prime, this has a charge of $29.95 per year.. Shipping is $5.99 flat rate now, but lots of the brands are already free on box quantities. A person who buys more on the discount lines, or works the auctions won't be getting the free shipping, so with the $30 up front charge, it will pay for itself with only 5 purchases. I'm going to be a lot more inclined to pick up small items or auctions knowing that it comes at the price of the package. For example, a five pack of ERDM rectangulares is $15.50, making it $3 per stick. Add on shipping, and that thing costs over $4.25! Yes, I'd like that, being able to order a five pack, or make an auction buy without having to pay that load.

I'm probably going to sign up. I don't buy much anymore, but it will be worth it, I think.

Last edited by Briandg; 06-09-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Briandg is offline   Reply With Quote