Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #1
rockace521
Herf God

Indy game

If I were an Indy fan who paid to attend that game I'd be pretty unhappy with the decision to give it away, just hand off an undefeated season, and why? Sure, everyone who is injured should get some rest, but healthy players are only going to get their game-speed rhythm knocked out of whack.

To me, it looked like the Indy organization (and coach) said "Thanks for coming, but take a hike" to the fans who paid for those tix and braved the snow to come see their team give away a victory to the Jets.

Big picture, sure it's good to be rested, but I think the law of diminshing returns shows up at some point, and this could easily bite them in the ass when it's a game they really DO want to win, when those rested players can't just turn it off and turn it on whenever they feel like it. I think it's a mistake for them, and their fans booed them at the end of the game. 14 and 1, and the fans are booing. What's the game without fans? They gave the fans a big screw you today, it seemed to me.

Maybe a real Indy fan can explain why this game doesn't matter to the fans who toiled to show up in the snow today, who also pay everyone's salaries over there. (caveat: this is all personal opnion, and I don't claim omniscience)