Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 05-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #1
emind56
Club Member

Favorite vitola?

I was sitting here smoking a cigar and reflecting how my vitola preference has change d over the years. When I first started down the road of cigars I preferred Corona gordas. Then after a few years I went through a long phase of PC and TPC, then a long and skinny phase. As those shapes/sizes are becoming increasingly hard to come by these days my taste seems to have changed again. These days I find myself reaching for more Churchills than anything else. Time permitting they seem to be my current favorite. I got curious what the rest of you preferred? All else (time/money) being equal what do you find yourself reaching for more often than not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
emind56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:06 AM   #2
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Its a tie between robustos and belicosos for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:07 AM   #3
KatDad
Herf God

Coronas and Toros have always been my sweet spot with the periodic Lonsdale, Churchill and Figurado (Saloman, Belicoso, Torpedo, and Perfecto) mixed in. A 50 ring gauge was the maximum for my preferences other than some figurados.

Lately I've been trending to smaller vitolas, Coronas, Petit Coronas, and Robustos. This seems to be counter to the trend in domestics which from my perspective is moving towards the larger ring gauges, 52, 54 and up which hold little interest for me.

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it
H. L. Mencken

The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants
Albert Camus

The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
KatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:20 AM   #4
smbauerllc
Friggin Tobacco Lover!
Herf Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatDad View Post
Coronas and Toros have always been my sweet spot with the periodic Lonsdale, Churchill and Figurado (Saloman, Belicoso, Torpedo, and Perfecto) mixed in. A 50 ring gauge was the maximum for my preferences other than some figurados.

Lately I've been trending to smaller vitolas, Coronas, Petit Coronas, and Robustos. This seems to be counter to the trend in domestics which from my perspective is moving towards the larger ring gauges, 52, 54 and up which hold little interest for me.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of rg's over 52 really, but do occasionally have some larger ones.
Was actually just gifted some nc's, and a couple are 60rg. They look massive, lol. Never tried anything that big

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
smbauerllc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:28 AM   #5
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

For most of my smoking, I have been a robusto smoker, but I have always loved little perfectos. I have always liked Lonsdales as well. Lately, living with an 86 year-old, one of the few things I have to happily aniticpate in life is my nightly cigar. Keith has influenced me a bit, as well. He likes larger vitolas, and with the evening smoke becoming my haven, I have become accustomed to Churchills and toros.

So Churchills and toros are now my go-to cigars, with a robusto or a small corona as my second smoke. Toros are nearly perfect for my two to two-and-a-half hours outside in the evening.

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:24 AM   #6
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

For me, anything under a corona gordo. Most of what I smoke is either a corona or a petit corona.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #7
Biff123
Herf Meister

Love my churchills, but I find myself smoking a lot of robustos and PC's.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:46 AM   #8
tonycsmoke
Club Member

I prefer smalller ring gauges, It really depends on the specific cigar. There are some cigars that robusto seems to be the best in the line.
Old 05-16-2021, 08:20 AM   #9
macsauce13
Club Member

I prefer lanceros. But they’re hard to find. I buy them whenever I can, and otherwise look for cigars under 50 RG.
macsauce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #10
mrdiver
Herf Meister

Lonsdale's my fav. Only smoke a ring that starts with a "4".
Would all day chose a lancero over a 50 ring, too, but would still prefer the "40's".
mrdiver is offline   Reply With Quote