Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
jaxgoldenboy
Club Member

Why Me?

This morning like most workaday mornings I grabbed my 3 finger cigar holder and picked 3 cigars I thought would be good. I get to work and attempt to light my first one, A CI Legends White Label toro, first one I might ever have had. I start lighting the end when the lighter just stops working, and only half the end is lit! I run out to the car and search for something, anything to finish lighting it with. Nothing. Ok I figured if I keep puffing eventually the fire will make it's way around and then it'll be fine. About an inch or so into it I'm getting some really good flavors but the embers are going straight down, so I'm smoking half a cigar. I get the bright idea to use a hand pruner to trim the unlit side off because I know my little cutter won't fit around what I think is a 54 rg. Worked kinda alright, but the cigar isn't looking real pretty about now, and the other side won't start burning. I'm now at least 2 inches into it, puffing like a madman trying to generate some heat when I think it's a good idea to keep ash off it to allow for more air to fuel the fire. So I flick the ash off with my finger and blow on the half lit end. The end totally explodes and I'm holding this, this wad of smoldering tobacco leaves in my hand when one of my co-workers walks out and fires up a cigarette. "Need a light?" He say's.