Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2004, 05:30 AM   #1
sm.scoles

Pats v. Titans, my thoughts!

My thoughts on Patriots v. Titans!

Who: New England Patriots hosting Tennesee Titans!

Where: GIlette Stadium, Foxborough, MA

When: Tonight, 8PM

Weather: Effin' cold, gonna be about 5 degrees out.

==================================================
My thoughts on the Titans:

The only thing that scares me about the Titans is Steve Mcnair. He throws a great deep ball and has big recievers to go up and get poorly thrown passes. He might be able to burn us for soem big plays. I think that the Tight ends and RB's will have a tough time finding match-ups against the Patriots LB's and safeties.

As for the Titans running game? Eddie George is a broken down back, a workhorse who has his better years two seasons behind him. The Patriots should have no significant problem shutting down the run. They have a man-mountain in the middle, and Seymour is quickly becoming the most dominant DE in the game.

If this comes down to a kick, the Titans better hope its close to the uprights! Mr. Andersen is whatr 46? Can't kick very well beyond 40 yds, the Titans will most likely send out the punter for anything over 45 yds.

Coaching? Grade-A coaching job by Jeff Fisher.

This team is loaded with leaders, George and Mcnair are tough and lead by example. Botht eh spiritual centers of the team.

================================================== ====

My thoughts on the PAtriots!

Tom Brady is still underrated. how is that possible? HAsnt thrown a pick at home all year. The offensive line has been doing a great job but faces a stiff test with Kearse, Carter and Haynseworth. RB Kevin Faulk is a great blitz blocker and can escape for quick screens to save Brady.

Running the ball the PAtriots employ a two-headed beast. A very inconsistent Antowain Smith and the steady but smaller Kevin Faulk. I would expect to see a lot of Smith tonight, mostly dur to the weather, with Faulk coming in for third and longs and pass plays. Not many runners ar ebetter than Faulk in the open field.

At wide reciever the Patriots have a smallish, but sticky handed group led by Troy Brown and David Givens and backed up by Deion Branch and Bethel Johnson.
At tight end they have Chritian Fauria and David Graham, both good recievers with Fauria being more consistent, but I thing Graham will soon be pro-bowl caliber qand has really coem into his own this year.

On Defense, the D-line is getting great push and pressure from the ends, Ted Washington is clogging the middle with his huge, unmovable body and the PAtriots quick LB corp is hitting holes and stuffing anyone who tries to make it through, especially at home. If the LB's have the freedom to runa dn roam, the Titans are in trouble. The corners are both top-notch, Ty Law is maybe the best cover corner in the league, top-five anyway. and Poole is quikly catching him in skill and swagger. At safety you have jackhammer Harrison and rookie banger Samuel laying people out.

Coaching? Best coach in the game, IMHO. Best tactician and game-planner out there. How did this guy hold together a team with 46 different starters due to injury and make a r un like this? superb coach!

---

All in all I predict a 23-17 win for the Patriots.

- Sean