Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Arkansas vs Florida

I'm not a Ark Fan. I'm not a Florida fan. I was just watching the game. I think Ark won the game, and the Refs stole it from them. I know, we all say that from time to time, when things don't go our way. But I neither love or hate Ark, I'm indifferent.
Kind of like the way I feel about Georgia (no offense Flipflop). But Refs stole that game from GA.

I mean...comon'....Tebow gets a first down, with only a 9 yard gain. (1st and 10)
PI not called on Florida, when he was riding piggyback on the Ark receiver (even the commentators said that should have been called).
PI that was called against Ark, just for knocking the ball away. And not right away, only after the FLorida receiver protested enough. It was either PI, or it wasn't. You shouldn't have to think about it.

And on one play, I saw Florida, holding, a clear no question, block in the back by FLA, on an Hawg defender, right in front of the REF. Yet, when the runner was stopped for no gain, a face mask was called on Ark. Replays showed, the hand did graze the BACK of the helmet, never got NEAR the face mask.

And finally, the Refs moved Florida nearly 40 yards on 3 penalties late in the game.

I'm tired of this shit. I don't care if it's Arkansas, GA, or whoever. Let the players decide the game. Yes, throw the flags, when it's deserved! Ref's influencing the outcome of the game, hell, why watch it.

BTW, I do understand this was the same crew that called the GA game.
No wonder..