Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
cigarfan
Herf God

Enter the draft or stay in college?

We hear all the time, college is important, education is important, and I agree.
We hear, how unselfish players are for returning to their school to help them win a championship, and how they great they are.

Didn't pay off for Sam Bradford did it? He could very well recover, or he could have problems, that will actually drop his draft status.

I think in the real world, if you projected to go high enough in the draft, then you should bolt. The vast majority of millionaires in this world did not finish college. I'm not saying education isn't important, but how many people, percentage wise, ever get a chance to play pro sports and make the kind of bucks that are paid these days?
If you need another year, to bolster your draft status, I can see that gamble.
It's kind of like that USC QB a couple of years ago...Was it Leinhardt?
Who would have probably have went in first round of draft, but he stayed his Sr year. And he had a so-so year. He may have actually have hurt his draft status by staying. He gained nothing.

How does returning to OK, really help Bradford, or any other returning SR?
It really only helps the school, more free talent to use for another year. That's the bottom line.
There's nothing greedy about wanting to paid for your skills, as opposed to working for free.