Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Kristin
Starting Member

Question No clue about humidors

I have been searching online for a humidor for my boyfriend's birthday present. I have only gotten more confused with all the choices, so I thought I would bring my questions here. I know they are probably pretty simple, but I don't want to get him a piece of junk.

First off, he smokes cigars maybe once every couple of weeks, but that is because he doesn't have anywhere to keep them fresh. I want to get one that can hold a reasonable amount, but not a ridiculous amount.

There are some that have glass tops and some that are all wood. Do they work the same? And most I see have a cedar inside... does it matter what the wood outside is?

What other things should I get with it so he can use it right away? Cutters or what? And does it come with everything you need except these accessories?

Finally, what is a reasonable price range I should be looking for? Any good places that have quality products and won't rip you off?

Sorry about all the questions. Any advice is good advice to me! Thanks!
Kristin is offline   Reply With Quote