Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > I'll Drink to That!

I'll Drink to That! What is your favorite beverage to have with a cigar? Juice? Cola? Beer? Port? Single Malt Scotch? This room is for the discussion of beverages, especially alcoholic beverages that go well with cigars!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2004, 06:21 AM   #1
sevenmag
Contributing Editor
Herf Meister

International Beer Fest.

Last night in Downtown Mobile, AL was the international beer fest. They've been doing it for a couple of years but this was the first time I've been.

For 12 bucks you get a mug and a wrist band and can drink 61 different domestic and imported beers. Something like 15 different bars downtown participated, so you just walk from one to the next, with your map and list in hand. Each bar had 4 beers to choose from, some I wanted to try, some I didn't and some I've had plenty of already.

Overall it's a good time and I'll be doing it again next year.

Off all the beer I tried, I'd have to say RedHook had the best domestic, and Hoegarden was up there as one of the better imports. Others worth mentioning were, Sierra Nevada Porter, Warstiener's Hefe-wiezen, Flying Dog, Shea's and Turbo Dog.

We missed out on some I would have liked to try but they started running out just before the thing was over.

A good nigt with some good beer and cigars, and of course a couple of good CW bro's to smoke and drink with.
sevenmag is offline   Reply With Quote