Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > The Cedar Room

The Cedar Room A place for cigar storage and cigar accessories discussions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2002, 03:02 AM   #1
wk-mang

I wanted to share my great experience with this awesome new product being produced by Brother Vern at Climmax. The Respiracion de la Habana 65 is the best humidifier I have ever used!

I emailed Vern and told him I was in need of new humidifiers for 2 new 115 qt Igloos that I was preparing... I got tired of taking care of 4 smaller Igloos and decided it was time to move to the big boys. I like to keep my cigars at 65-67% RH and Vern had the answer for me.... the new Respiracion de la Habana 65 (RDLH65).

These humidifiers measure 9 3/4" x 7 3/4" x 5/8" and hold a half pound of Climmax 65% RH Media. The design is beautiful... it looks more like a piece of art than a humidifier. I only wish I had a digital camera so I could post pictures of it.

As soon as I got the RDLH65 I followed the instructions and added 15 ml of water to condition the units. I placed the 4 units in an empty 54 qt Igloo along with a digital hygrometer... there was an initial spike in RH but after checking on it the next morning the units stabilized to 66%. That evening I mounted the 4 units into the 2 115 qt Igloos (2 per Igloo). I didn't check the RH in the morning as I didn't have time but when I got home from work almost 24 hours later the RH in one Igloo was a solid 66% RH and 67% in the other. After another 24 hours both Igloos are holding a solid 65-66% RH!

I have never had humidifiers stabilize so quickly... these are awesome! The RDLH65 is by far the best passive, two-way humidification system I have ever used. And another great feature is that when the Climmax 65% RH Media needs to be replaced you can easily replace it in the units with the use of an allen wrench! I would highly recommend the RDLH65s to anyone looking for a reliable and beautiful humidifier!

Much thanks to Vern and Climmax for producing a product that delivers as advertised!

Aloha,

Wade
wk-mang is offline   Reply With Quote