Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2011, 05:07 PM   #11
jgbutler
Herf Meister

I smoked the second sample of this one tonight. Just like the first, it is a very nice looking cigar. Also like the first is was almost rock solid firm. I had let this one set since the end of November hoping that in the 65% humidity environment it would loosen up a bit. Pre-light revealed a pretty tight draw as before.

After lighting, it was fairly tight but after hanging with it for a inch or so it finally started to loosen up a bit and the draw was still a little tighter than I like but still manageable. There were ever so slight notes of nuts, leather and cedar but it was predominately just straight up Dominican tobacco flavor that came through. It was a pretty mild cigar and the lack of much flavor fluctuation made it hard to really get into this 7 1/4 inch beast. I stayed with till about 2.5 inches left and finally laid it down.

I guess if a person really liked mild cigars as their mainstay it might suffice but there just wasn't enough there in the flavor or body department to hold my attention.