Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2002, 09:42 PM   #1
FredJ_VI
Club Member

The Carlos Torano Signature Collection vitola that I recently smoked was the Perfecto - 5 x 51. It is constructed of a Sun-grown Brazilian Maduro wrapper, a Broadleaf binder and Dominican and Nicaraguan ligero fillers.
The construction was almost flawless, a real beauty. It produced a nice even burn. The strength was medium. Had a very nice aroma and plenty of body. It started off mild with a little sweetness and some overtones of spice. Adequate amount of smoke. About a third into the cigar the strength started to kick in - not over powering - just nice. Really enjoyable at this point. I was attending a wedding at Pleasant Valley Country Club in Sutton, MA taking a break smoking the cigar watching some guys tee off and decided to sit down and really enjoy this cigar. My mind became pre occupied with the cigar and I basically forgot about the wedding, the tee offs, the beautiful sunny day and all the rest. I had to focus on the enjoyment that I was getting from the cigar. The taste was growing on me and I wanted to savor every moment. The cigar was nice and smooth with a perfect burn and some spicey flavor till about the 2/3rds point. The finish was somewhat similar but the sweetness and strength kicked in a little more. Absolutely great. It produced a nice solid ash and the draw was easy ( just right ) from beginning to end.
This is a winner in my books !
FredJ_VI is offline   Reply With Quote