Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2002, 11:51 PM   #1
JinE

As usualy, a copy of what I posted on JRBBS.

The Cigar: Mickey Rooney Unknown Vitola
Grade: F

http://www.mindspring.com/~jine/MickeyRooney.jpg

This will be short since I have to head to bed...

Mickey Rooney: actor, survivor, inventor, Hollywood living legend, and cigar maker. All in all, Mickey is a man with over 200 films under his belt. He earned an Honorary Oscar for Lifetime Achievement, a special Juvenile Oscar he shared with Deana Durbin in 1939, five Oscar nominations, one Emmy Award, five Emmy Nominations and two Golden Globes. Mickey's career has extended through many generations and in many different directions, including cigar making. The man knows how to lay the pipe to Ava Gardner... but can he make a cigar?!?!

While in the cello the cigar almost looked decently constructed. They say a dog owner and his pet will start to look very similar as they grow old together. The same must be said for a cigar and it's maker. Removing the cigar from the cello reveals odd splotches of skin discolorations you would expect to see on a man almost 82 years of age. The skin is slightly wrinkled with flaps of drooping skin found under the head. This picture does not do it, errr, it actually makes the cigar look pretty good. Don't trust the picture...

The fragrance of the unlit cigar had hints of Planter’s nut samplers intermingled with a DelRey paperback book. Prelight draw was a bit tight, but acceptable. Toasting the foot released a delightful pecan aroma! I was quite surprised! My first draw rewarded me with a mouthful of absolutely nothing. It was quite odd... but plenty of thick white smoke was coming out of the foot of the cigar, but it seems as if nothing was coming out of the head! The draw was good... there were no holes in the side... there was just no smoke! Thinking the cigar was not lit correctly I went to town on the stick like a $2 hooker. I could feel the cigar getting super hot... but still no smoke. I clipped another 1/2 inch off of the head, still just a wee bit of smoke. The lack of smoke might have been for the best... because what little smoke that came out of this cigar tasted like burning peanut shells. I’m not sure how many different varieties of Loam there are… but this would definitly be loam found under the garbage dumpster. I was quite disappointed with the Mickster. I was hoping for a good quality smoke, like something we would get from Burt Reynolds. Instead I got the second coming of Tabantillas. Usually Mickey Rooney will giv e apretty good performance, but tonight’s show as more like the burlesque production of Sugar Babies in 1979.

Anyhoo... this day has been long so this review will end up short. If you ever have the opportunity to smoke a Mickey Rooney, please don't. If you do decide to smoke one hope you get a plugged one.

-Jin "No More Mickey!" E
JinE is offline   Reply With Quote