Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2002, 12:54 PM   #1
Hooko
Club Member

This is the orange labled version of "the cigar". The belicoso is a 5x52 nice looking cigar. It is my understanding this is the same blend as the darker"The Cigar", but with a natural wrapper.
Prelight - The wrapper was a nice light brown, some noticable veins and a little toothy. Smelled of light tobacco but made me want to light it right away. The cigar is well made no soft spots or mushy feel. After clipping the prelight draws gave good flavor.
Burn/Ash - Lit easily and burned straight all the way through the cigar. Never needed touch up. The ash was almost jet black, I have never seen an ash so dark. Held on well until I tapped it off at about an inch and a half.
Taste - From the first puff I knew I was going to like this cigar. The flavor started out with with nutty caramel profile. This stayed consistent all the way through the smoke. This cigar was never harsh or hot. I would say this is a medium strength cigar.
Over all I would recommend this cigar. If you like medium strength cigars this is a very good cigar. For the price range it can't be beat. I'll definately be getting more of these. Give it an 8.
Hooko is offline   Reply With Quote