Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2004, 07:00 AM   #1
cjv
Herf Meister

Baseball Playoffs Cigar Pool

Anyone interested?

This is what I was thinking. To play, each person will have to send 5 good cigars (non seconds, not machine made, etc). Every person will have an entry (see below). Based on how much they get correct, they will get points. In the end, the person with the most points will be the winner. If we have enough participants we could also have a 2nd (or 3rd?) place winner, as well as a poor luck consolation prize.

Here's how it would work.

for each series, you predict both the winner, and the number of games that will be played.

For example, for the Boston/Anaheim series, I might say Red Sox in 4 game.

If you correctly predict the winner, you get 3 points. If you correctly predict the number of games, you get 5 points (this allows people to still participate even if they don't have the correct teams playing, because they still may get points for predicting the number of games).

For a tiebreaker, you need ti have the final total combined for for the last game of the world series.

If interested, post here. All entries would need to be received by the start of the first game on the playoffs. PM any entries to me (no email). I will post all entries once the games starts, and updated results.

If we have more than 4 players, will will have a 1st and 2nd place. If we have more than 9 players, we will have a 1st, 2nd, and consolation prize (the 1st and 2nd place players send their cigars to the last place person). If we have more than 14 players, we will add a 3rd place.

Chris

"Stupid stupid rat creatures"

Twitter: @skeetobite | Google+: ChrisVitek | Game Center: DRSKEETO
cjv is offline   Reply With Quote