Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2003, 07:48 PM   #1
GarGus
Club Member

Contest-NFL Draft

In honor of my first day in the sports bar I'm having a contest for the truly die-hard NFL fans. This probably falls under the way too much work for too little reward catagory but I'll do my best to provide the winner a nice selection of sticks.

Since this is my first contest I don't know how well thought out this is but here's the deal! Pick the 1st round of the 2003 NFL draft (Team's pre-draft slot number-Player selected). You'll get points for each correct pick equal to the pick number since the earlier picks should be easier. The highest total wins.

Double Bonus: If you think a team will trade its pick select TRADE in that slot and double the points for that pick number if correct (doesn't matter up or down or who they trade with).

First tie-breaker: Identify your favorite team (I'll check to see if you picked correctly for them).

Second tiebreaker: Divisional record (how you did on teams in your favorite team's division).

Third tiebreaker (for the truly-truly diehard--first five 2nd round picks).

One entry per person. All the normal rules apply. I'm the final arbitrator on all decisions. You can post up until the first team officially announces from the podium on draft day. If I decide to post an entry, it's simply to see how I would have done, I cannot "win" my own contest. All pre-draft lists showing team selection order should be in agreement but if there is any doubt default to what ESPN has. Good luck and pm me if you spot any obvious flaws in the contest logic.