Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Talk

Cigar Talk A place for cigar enthusiasts to discuss our hobby, legal cigars and related stuff.

Old 11-19-2003, 03:07 PM   #1
TomJones
Club Member

*Edited...please also help with newbie humidor question* Thx

Hi gang,

Be gentle, this is the first time I'm posting in these forums. I got a uncle I'm shopping for this year, and I know he likes to fire up cigars everyday after work. I did a quick scouting report last time @ his house and noticed he had some Arturo Fuentes & Montecristos in his box. (Don't know the specific cigar/size however). I figure I'd get him a box of cigars, and decided to possibly spring for a box of Aurturo Fuente Cuban Cabana since they fit my budget. ($60-$80). Anyone have any suggestions on maybe something better for that price range?

If so, could you direct me to a couple sites with good deals on these or something comparable or better in that price range?

Thx in advance
Jay

****EDITED**********

Its the newbie again with 1 other quick question. I managed to pick up some smokes from another generous member and now I have a few dollars left over for a small desktop humidor for my uncle (or possibly myself if he has one I'm not aware of), and I ran across these 2 items.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?pa...H12KR&type=HUM

or

http://www.bargainhumidors.com/bh/it...sp?SKU=HUM-25R

I'm not concerned about the size of the humidor since its going to be used at the office, but rather more concerned which would be a more effective product. I know this is incredibly low end for you guys, but hey we all got to start somewhere. Any feedback for help always appreciated.
TomJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #2
Husker

I'd suggest going on the trading boards and ISO a nice 5 pack of Cubans from one of the regulars there. I'm sure you could score some real primos for that price. And he would get something special that he wouldn't normally get.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:45 PM   #3
GarGus
Club Member

Welcome to CW!

Check out cigarprice.com for checking deals/pricing at a number of web vendors.
Old 11-19-2003, 03:50 PM   #4
britan
Club Member

Welcome!! I second Husker's suggestion. Or maybe a bundle of Cuban machine mades.
Old 11-19-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
Big Smoke
Club Member

Now, THAT'S a gift I can wrap my lips around! (alright, no wisecracks! ) I second the Cuban Sampler idea! What do you get the cigar smoker who has everything? Cuban cigars!!
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~ Ronaldus Magnus
Big Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
TomJones
Club Member

Thanks friends for the suggestion, off to the trading forums it is!
TomJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
DeadmanLiving
Club Member

Yeah but if you send him down the dark path he may hate you later (when he runs out that is )

Check out my new Blog
DeadmanLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:27 PM   #8
Black Plague
Herf Meister

I agree with what Husker suggested.

Nothing says happy holidays like a Habano!
Black Plague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 04:59 PM   #9
jjflash
Starting Member

Another vote for Cubans. A five pack of Habanos should move you to 'favorite nephew' status.

If I PM my nephews phone numbers to you, could you drop a few Christmas tips for me!
jjflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 05:19 PM   #10
birdhunter02
Club Member

Wecome tomjones, from one newbie to another. Good suggestions. If he smokes those everyday, he'll love the cubans. Pick one out for yourself.
birdhunter02 is offline   Reply With Quote