Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Smoking Post > Cigar Reviews

Cigar Reviews This room is for organized blind reviews, individual reviews by CW Members and reviews entered into the database that the Editors feel are particularly well done.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2002, 06:38 PM   #1
Boxdoctor
Herf Meister

The wrapper is a rather unremarkable tan colorado and the cigar is very well made with a nice capa. Thats about all that IS unremarkable about this corona ( 5 1/2 x 42 ). The prelight is cedar and cinnamon. After warming the foot the first tastes are of sweet spice in the first 1" and the draw and burn are perfect with a stacked tight gray ash.The one aspect of these aged cigars that continues to impress me is smooth delightful spicy coating on the tongue which never seems to dissapate once it appears. A creamier spice with cinnamon notes appears at the 1/2 way point. There seem to be NO woody notes present in any of these older guys ! The spice gets stronger in the last 1 1/2" and there is also a touch of coconut flavors. It appears it will finish as it started with cinnamon and cedar notes and the finish is HUGE. I can taste it 20 minutes later on the tongue and in the back of the throat. I believe this was 85 vintage and its a wonderfully complex smoke deserving of the best 3 EVER rating Iam going to give it. 95 and one of the best EVER ! Muchas Gracias Bruce..it was a pleasure indeed. Doc

Edited by - boxdoctor on 06/16/2002 9:30:41 PM

Edited by - boxdoctor on 06/17/2002 2:58:22 PM

Edited by - boxdoctor on 06/17/2002 2:58:55 PM