Go Back   Cigar Weekly Community Forums and Discussion Groups > Community Centers > The Sports Bar

The Sports Bar A place for cigar smokin' sports fans to discuss the latest.

Old 12-01-2019, 08:37 AM   #31
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DCJ View Post
Well, I guess we won't know, since it was anything but close...

And, I can't see how Harbaugh keeps his job after 8 straight losses to Ohio State.

Dan
9 wins per season

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
grtrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #32
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO View Post
Penalties will kill you.
so will undisciplined play.

Moot point anyway, with the 4 top teams winning it is hard to imagine any big shake ups now. Perhaps Utah gets in if OSU or LSU get a new a hole torn next week in the conference championships.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption." - Guy de Maupassant
Old 12-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #33
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
9 wins per season
The coaches of Mich and OSU are largely graded on their record against each other... It's a big deal...

Dan
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #34
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
The coaches of Mich and OSU are largely graded on their record against each other... It's a big deal...

Dan
no shit Sherlock. I kinda know the Big Ten

Purdue 1982, BS Pharm.

who you gonna hire that can win 9 games per season? and preferably has a strong connection to UM?

Old 12-02-2019, 02:55 AM   #35
N8DCJ
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtrx View Post
no shit Sherlock. I kinda know the Big Ten

Purdue 1982, BS Pharm.

who you gonna hire that can win 9 games per season? and preferably has a strong connection to UM?
Yeah I guess you would know, sorry, I am just used to everyone being from SEC'land...
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
N8DCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #36
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Quote:
Yeah I guess you would know, sorry, I am just used to everyone being from SEC'land...
Yep, I do know that Purdue not beating Indiana will get coaches fired, but when you play below .500 for many years the only thing that matters most years is putting a P on the chain on the bucket.

Harbaugh is safe unless he melts down, which I keep thinking is going to happen some day. I don't much like him, but he did take over a disaster after Rich Rod and has been a solid winner. But the last 2 losses to OSU have been spectacular.

I assume he will have a new D-coordinator, probably from the NFL or a former head coach.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:52 AM   #37
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

Rumor is Harbaugh may be out at Michigan and on his way to Charlotte to coach the Panthers who fired Ron Rivera yesterday.

Old 12-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #38
BigO
Publisher/Owner
El Chefé
BBQ Guru
Herf God

Certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Free speech is free speech is free speech. There is no qualifier.

If you aren't outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Never attribute malice to that what can be explained as stupidity.

Unborn lives matter too.

BigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #39
TommyBB
Editor-in-Chief
Herf God

Harbaugh with a young QB is a recipe for success.

How about that committee and their weekly moving of the rankings...er...goalposts to keep OSU #1

+In Memory of E.Guevara(Cubano67)W.Orlando(Shadow) A.Morris (Knife) D.Odom (dodom) D.Revermann (dgr) S.Bouchard (sb1396) M.Cole (Matt76) S.Faccenda (TOJE) R.Smith(IBMer) V.Vandermeer (van55)M.Davis(boxdoctor)S.Singer(bassman)K.Doetze l (drillrk1)D.Hart(garme1962)J.Coleman(John C 81)T.Gossett(Dartplayer1)J.Bolt (jb)E.J.Ferralles(CaballoPinto)M.Cataldo(FVFanMC)K Payne(SanchoPanza)F.Seltzer(Mowee)+LB+Connor Olson+Micah Kercheval+Maggie Bonefas+Karen

TommyBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #40
grtrx
Contributing Editor
Herf God

OSU is an exceptional team, has a chance to be the GOAT from the Big Ten (11/12/13/14) if they win out. But Wisconsin is a very tough team...

and I do very much think the committee has teams they want in and teams they want out.

It will be interesting to see what happens after the conference championships if OSU loses and UU wins.